Rudy Webster Family & Community Scholarship
As one of the top family law firms in Gig Harbor, Tacoma, and Puget Sound, WA, Robinson & Hadeed is committed to:
- Providing students with assistance in obtaining a higher education
- Taking some of the financial burdens off of hard-working students
All students should have the opportunity to attend college and achieve their goals. We are offering a scholarship for college and college-bound students who understand how to overcome life’s challenges and traumas and are committed to demonstrating a determination to build useful lives, pursue higher education, and achieve career success.
Jeffrey A Robinson and Shannon Hadeed fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. At Robinson & Hadeed, we pride ourselves on offering pro bono work and giving back to our community. As attorneys and business professionals, we’ve:
- Helped establish Gig Harbor Chamber of Commerce, assisting in drafting documents, and serving on their board
- Participated in Tacoma Pro Bono, formerly Volunteer Lawyers Service, providing free legal services to low-income individuals
- Volunteered with the Puget Sound Legal Assistance Foundation in Tacoma, where we began the Senior Citizen Law Project.
- Helped form several nonprofit organizations dedicated to protecting senior citizens
Robinson & Hadeed are determined to spread the message about the importance of providing equal access to the civil justice system to all. To that end, Robinson & Hadeed created a scholarship to students either currently enrolled, or who plan to enroll, in a program consistent with this vision. With the understanding that education is a critical cornerstone upon which future leaders are made, we aim to provide financial assistance to those in need. Robinson & Hadeed strives to ensure that all individuals, regardless of their socioeconomic status, have access to academic, interpersonal, and community opportunities.
Rudy Webster Family & Community Scholarship Application Guidelines
► Essay Questions and Prompt
Write a MAXIMUM of 500 words replying to ONLY one of the following questions:
What is the significance of community or family to you?
Do you volunteer in your local community? If yes, please describe what you do and why you do it.
► Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited high school, community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes high school Juniors or Seniors, high school graduates, or those who possess a GED.
- Applicants must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in their final year of high school.
- Applicants must be age 17 or older.
The Rudy Webster Family & Community Scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, books, and/or other fees at the high school, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States where the recipient will enroll or is currently enrolled.
► Application Materials
All applicants need to submit the following application materials:
- Between January 1, 2024 – June 30, 2024
- Submissions outside of this time frame will not be reviewed
- Electronic submission preferred
- Updated Resume or CV
- Essay (500 words max) responding to one of the above prompt questions
- PDF or Word document preferred
- A valid transcript (high school, college, or university) reflecting current academic standing, including at least a 3.0 GPA and proof of acceptance and/or enrollment
Failure to include all required application materials will result in a rejection of the application.
The selected student will be notified of their selection for the $1,500 award in July 2024
- Eligible applications must be completed and received or postmarked no later than June 30, 2024
- The Rudy Webster Family & Community Scholarship winner will be announced in July 2024
- Applicants may submit their materials electronically or via mail
- Applications submitted by email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emailed applications should contain the subject “Rudy Webster Family & Community Scholarship”
- Paper applications should be mailed to:
Rudy Webster Family & Community Scholarship
9014 Peacock Hill Avenue, Suite 200
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
Please DO NOT submit scholarships to any other firm email or contact the firm by phone.
Only scholarship applications submitted to email@example.com or the above mailing address will be considered.
► Past Scholarship Recipients
- Ms. S. Jump – University of Kentucky – Graduating 2023 – Bachelors in Music Education
Mr. T Vogt – Georgia State University – Graduating 2026 – Bachelors in Political Science, Minor in Philosophy