Robinson & Hadeed Family Law Scholarship
As one of the top family law firms in Gig Harbor/Tacoma/Puget Sound, WA, Robinson & Hadeed Family Law Firm is committed to:
- Providing students with assistance in obtaining a higher education
- Taking some of the financial burdens off of hard-working students
All students should have the opportunity to attend college and achieve their goals. We are offering a scholarship for college and college-bound students who understand how to overcome life’s challenges and traumas and are committed to demonstrating a determination to build useful lives, pursue higher education, and achieve career success.
Jeffrey A Robinson and Shannon Hadeed fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. At Robinson & Hadeed, we pride ourselves on offering pro bono work and giving back to our community. As attorneys and business professionals, we’ve:
- Helped establish Gig Harbor Chamber of Commerce, assisting in drafting documents, and serving on their board
- Participated in Tacoma Pro Bono, formerly Volunteer Lawyers Service, providing free legal services to low-income individuals
- Volunteered with the Puget Sound Legal Assistance Foundation in Tacoma, where we began the Senior Citizen Law Project.
- Helped form several nonprofit organizations dedicated to protecting senior citizens
Robinson & Hadeed are determined to spread the message about the importance of providing equal access to the civil justice system to all. To that end, Robinson & Hadeed Family Law firm created a scholarship to students either currently enrolled, or who plan to enroll, in a program consistent with this vision. With the understanding that education is a critical cornerstone upon which future leaders are made, we aim to provide financial assistance to those in need. The Robinson & Hadeed Family Law Firm strives to ensure that all individuals, regardless of their socioeconomic status, have access to academic, interpersonal, and community opportunities.
Injury Scholarship Application Guidelines
► Essay Prompt:
- What is one significant challenge you and/or your family experienced in your life, and how did you overcome it?
- How has this event affected your education?
- How has overcoming this incident prepared you to meet the challenges of higher learning?
- How will college attendance demonstrate your determination to move forward in your life, following your challenging experience?
- What college are you attending or planning on attending?
► Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited high school, community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes high school Juniors or Seniors, high school graduates, or those who possess a GED.
Applicants must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in their final year of high school.
Applicants must be age 17 or older.
The Robinson & Hadeed Family Law Firm Scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, books, and/or other fees at the high school, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States where the recipient will enroll or is currently enrolled.
► Application Materials
All applicants need to submit the following application materials by August 15th, 2021:
- A completed Scholarship Application (provided on our website).
- An essay (1000 word limit) on the topic (essay prompt) listed above.
- A valid transcript (high school, college, or university) reflecting current academic standing, including at least a 3.0 GPA and proof of acceptance and/or enrollment.
Failure to include all required application materials will result in a rejection of the application.
The selected student will be notified of their selection for the $1,500 award in September 2021.
- Eligible applications must be completed and received or postmarked no later than August 15th, 2021.
- Applicants may submit their materials electronically or via mail.
- The Robinson & Hadeed Family Law Firm Scholarship winner will be announced in September 2021.
- Applications submitted by email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailed applications should contain the subject “Robinson & Hadeed Family Law Injury Scholarship 2021.”
Paper applications should be mailed to:
Robinson & Hadeed Family Law Injury Scholarship
9014 Peacock Hill Avenue, Suite 200
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
Phone: (253) 851-5126
Fax: (253) 851-2868